Monday, September 13, 2010

Traveling with a Kindle

I'm on the road today - to the Pittsburgh area for work.
I'm almost packed but need to gather up all of my chargers for what Heather calls a "bag o' cables." I have two Blackberrys - work and personal just because I like keeping that separate. Now I have the Kindle charger.
When I travel for work, I also travel with two laptops, for the same reason I have two Blackberrys (even more so because of potential HIPA violations if something untoward from work goes out to my private list) - so I have those cables, too. I'm going to put all charging cables in my personal laptop bag, except for the work laptop - will keep all of that together.
Geesh - you think I was working for national security with all of this stuff.
But back to the Kindle: I'm looking forward to traveling with my new flat friend. I love the idea of having many books at my fingertips while I'm 300 miles from home.
If I want to be serious, I'll go to Pride and Prejudice. If I want to see what's happening to Lisbeth, I'll click on The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. If I want a bit of romance, I have Maybe this Time. If I want something entirely different and I don't have it...well, I just go online on my Kindle.
BTW: Morgan's is on its way. Soon my cowboy, shootist will be reading Louis L'Amour on his own Kindle. I have a picture in my head of a cowboy on his horse, Kindle in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment