Saturday, September 18, 2010

Saturday Evening

The TV's turned off.
The laundry's done.
The cats have been fed.
The garbage has been gathered for the dumpster.
It's quiet and calm...
It's time for me to return to Stockholm and Lisbeth.
Maybe it's time for me to really think about why these books resonate with me so much...why Lisbeth seems so real to me.
Maybe that's the sign of a great story - a plot, a character, a theme that haunts you even when you're not reading the book.
Larsson had ideas for at least ten books in this series - or at least that's what's been reported. I would have read every one and one right after the other.
Such a loss.  I wonder what other themes and characters are now lost to us.
Don't worry - next month I may be on to another author, another series.
But Lisbeth will haunt me always.

No comments:

Post a Comment