Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Love Romance

So I'm reading Jennifer Crusie's new book, Maybe This Time.
Jenny seems to be going back to a light gothic theme - "governess" in a falling down mansion, children with issues and even an odd housekeeper - with her usual humor and love triangle. I'm enjoying this book but I have one problem.
The heroine is 34 years old. Now I know the "romance industry" like younger protagonists - except for the cougar younger man, older woman - and even those "older" women have to be around 40.
With few exceptions there are almost no books about an older couple finding a passionate romance - an older couple say...in their 60s.
I think I'll write that book during NaNo. It may never get published but at least it will get written.
And I have the "marketing"  platform for it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment