Monday, September 6, 2010

The Almost Daily Blog Begins...September 6

September began with The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson. I cannot say enough about this series and this author. I read this book in less than a week. I couldn't stop. I've come to love Lisbeth in my own way and understand her, even though she wouldn't like that. I found the premise of this book disturbing - I find violence against anyone disturbing. Lisbeth as vigilante was a scenario that I enjoyed even though it bothered me - how's that for schizophrenia. I could do that, I thought. I could do what she did, out of anger, out of frustration, out of revenge, out of justice.

I've already started The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest. I'm ambivalent about reading this book. I know it's the last one although I've read that Larsson had notes for at least seven more. I want to keep on reading, but I don't want the book to end. How many books have I read in my life like that? Too many to count. I have found a favorite author and he's dead, too soon.

I hate when that happens. So I'll go to Amazon and get The Man Who Left Too Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment