Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Sinister Pig

I finished Tony Hillerman's Sinister Pig.  I'd missed this one in my "reading" of Hillerman's Navajo mysteries and didn't know how Bernie and Jim finally, finally got together - this book explains it. Luckily Bernie did not need rescuing from a dangerous situation; she'd done that herself. The only thing she needed was to know that Jim really loved her.

I can relate. Some of us have a hard time saying those words. I think it's because it's admitting that you're turning over part of your life to someone else, making you vulnerable. Opening yourself up to another, to give your heart to someone and ultimately give your life over to someone can be a difficult thing to do.

I know. After many many years, I'm doing it.
Did Jim Cee have trust issues?
Did Lisbeth Salander?
Did Mitzi Flyte?

No comments:

Post a Comment