Saturday, October 16, 2010

Reading at 2 AM

It was unusual for me - being awake at 2 AM - wide awake.
What to do?
Yeah, right.
I read. I went back to JA Jance's Dismissed with Prejudice, one of her Detective J.P. Beaumont mysteries. I found Jance in a used book store in Everett, WA - a short walk from my daughter's apartment. I was just learning about Seattle and the Pacific Northwest and reading a book set in an area that was becoming familiar to me was fun. Now I'm hooked and I will soon be moving to Jance's desert mysteries. But I do love Beaumont - love those tattered heroes. Unfortunately I started reading the series in the middle. Dismissed with Prejudice is giving me the Detective's history - difficult history.

As you can see, I jump around a bit with what I'm reading - from Rot and Ruin to Dismissed with Prejudice.
I've always done this - had at least two or three books going at once. That's why I love my Kindle - can carry lots and bounce back and forth, depending on my mood.

Today I'm in the mood to finish a mystery - or two.
And to finish Morgan's Somewhere in Space and Time.
Busy day - but I got a head start on it at 2 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment