Friday, October 1, 2010

And the Number So Far Is....

21

From July through September I've read/listened to 21 books. Tonight I finished Craig Larson's Mania. I'd started it yesterday and it was a fast paced suspense; therefore, a fast read.

And no, I'm not becoming obsessed by writers named Larson - with one "s" or two. It was a title on my Amazon recommended list.

I also started listening to Linda Fairstein's Hellgate - one of her Alex Cooper mysteries. I'm closing in on reading or listening to all of the books in the series. As you can tell by my choices, I love mystery but I really love mystery with history and Fairstein gives the reader both - the history is usually centered around New York City. I started with the wonderful Entombed, a homage to Poe, and I was hooked.

Hellgate's theme centers around human trafficking - as did parts of London Bridges. It seems to be the crime du jour these days (is that redundant...well, so be it).

Twenty-one books in 3 months. I'm certainly not going to get to 100 at this rate. In addition to my One Hundred Books in One Year Challenge, I'm rewriting one of my own books and planning for NaNo.

I must be crazy. But that's beside the point.
I get more done when I set goals and have a time frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment