Saturday, October 9, 2010

Angel Interrupted

After the "heaviness" of The Monsters and "In Defense of Harriet Shelley", I'm enjoying a bit lighter reading.
As I said previously, I would love my own book, Elizabeth Peacock and the Body on Abbey Road, to be published by Prime Crime. (Any editors out there? Huh? Please....)
Oh, well...I digress.
So I make it a point of reading mysteries from that imprint.

This book combines two of my favorites: police procedural and paranormal. I love the scarred main character, the ghost of an alcoholic cop who has a beyond-the-grave crush on a fellow detective - he still follows her around and tries to help her solve a case even though she can't see him.

My next book? I may go back to "heavy." 
I started The Swan Thieves by The Historian author Elizabeth Kostova. I loved, loved, loved The Historian but I was having problems getting "into" this new book. But after hearing a coworker rave about it, I've decided to return to Kostova and give her book a second chance (thanks Steve - I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment