Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Monsters

I have to post before going to bed:
I'm loving this book about Mary Shelley, PB Shelley, et al.
I'm so into it that I just got Mary's complete works on my Kindle and I ordered a bio of Mary Lamb.
English Lit/American Lit classes should include this type of biography before actually reading the author's works.
Which leads me to another thought: why isn't everything in our education intertwined? I mean like learning about the history of the time while reading the literature of the time while learning about the science of the time.
Or is that too simplistic?
Shouldn't kids be reading Franklin's papers while learning about the American Revolution or Shakespeare's Henry plays while learning English history?
And while I'm at it: I want my Kindle to link into sites about certain things in the book. Yeah, I want those nice blue words that tell me I have a link for more information.
At 63 I devour information 'cause I'm still learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment