Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Finished....

... listening to Linda Fairstein's Hellgate. This wasn't my favorite in the Alex Copper series but maybe it was the woman who read it. I've heard her read other mysteries, lighter ones - so that could have been it. My favorite so far has been Entombed but that's because it's about Poe. I did learn a lot about the Federalist mansions in New York, including Gracie Mansion. I also have to look for a biography of Eliza Hamilton - she seems to have been quite something.

And I've finished reading Mourn the Living by Henry Perez, the first book I've read by this writer. I found the premise a little contrived - but then I reread one of my own manuscripts while reading this book and thought, "Uh..huh..Who are YOU to say anything?" I did like the character of reporter, Alex Chapa who is going through personal and professional issues. Hm? Aren't all good protagonists doing that these days?

Soon I'll be finished with The Swan Thieves - moving away from creativity and obsession ...or will I?

No comments:

Post a Comment