Sunday, June 12, 2011

Counting Books

Since I've been silent for almost two months - work and life intrudes at times - and it's almost one year since I set a goal of 100 books in 1 year, I've decided to update this blog and see just exactly where I am.

Latest books on CD:
I, Alex Cross by James Patterson
Cross Fire by James Patterson
The Doomsday Key by James Rollins
Silent Mercy by Linda Fairstein
The Last Oracle by James Rollins
Crossed Bones by Kathy Reichs
On Writing by Stephen King - for the fourth time

Latest books read:
Room by Emma Donohgue
The Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett
Atlantis by Bob Mayer
The Real Men in Black by Nick Redfern
The Haunted Mesa by Louis Lamour

Yes, the books on CD do out number the read books. I've been doing a lot of driving for work lately.
It took me forever to get through The Weird Sisters by Brown. I think it was because I really didn't like the sisters all that much. There were quotes from The Bard scattered throughout because The Father was a Shakespearean scholar; however, Pratchett's The Wyrd Sisters was more of an homage to Will. Practchett used some Shakespearean themes and paraphrased quotes that fit in beautifully with this Disc World book. it was enchanting and made me want to read more. The other sisters...er...not so much.

Other than that one issue, I loved all of the above.
I'm now reading and enjoying a good old chase-mystery in The Camelot Caper by Elizabeth Peters, first published in 1969 which is good for a reader to note so she doesn't say, "Why don't they just use the cell phone?"

No comments:

Post a Comment